1. The proprietor of the EU trade mark may divide the registration by declaring that some of the goods or services included in the original registration will be the subject of one or more divisional registrations. The goods or services in the divisional registration shall not overlap with the goods or services which remain in the original registration or those which are included in other divisional registrations.
2. The declaration of division shall not be admissible:
(a) if, where an application for revocation of rights or for a declaration of invalidity has been entered at the Office against the original registration, such a divisional declaration has the effect of introducing a division amongst the goods or services against which the application for revocation of rights or for a declaration of invalidity is directed, until the decision of the Cancellation Division has become final or the proceedings are finally terminated otherwise;
(b) if, where a counterclaim for revocation or for a declaration of invalidity has been entered in a case before an EU trade mark court, such a divisional declaration has the effect of introducing a division amongst the goods or services against which the counterclaim is directed, until the mention of the EU trade mark court's judgment is recorded in the Register pursuant to Article 128(6).
3. If the requirements laid down in paragraph 1 and pursuant to the implementing acts referred to in paragraph 8 are not fulfilled, or the list of goods and services which form the divisional registration overlap with the goods and services which remain in the original registration, the Office shall invite the proprietor of the EU trade mark to remedy the deficiencies within such period as it may specify. If the deficiencies are not remedied before the period expires, the Office shall refuse the declaration of division.
4. The declaration of division shall be subject to a fee. The declaration shall be deemed not to have been made until the fee has been paid.
5. The division shall take effect on the date on which it is entered in the Register.
6. All requests and applications submitted and all fees paid with regard to the original registration prior to the date on which the Office receives the declaration of division shall be deemed also to have been submitted or paid with regard to the divisional registration or registrations. The fees for the original registration which have been duly paid prior to the date on which the declaration of division is received shall not be refunded.
7. The divisional registration shall preserve the filing date and any priority date and seniority date of the original registration.
8. The Commission shall adopt implementing acts specifying:
(a) the details to be contained in a declaration of the division of a registration pursuant to paragraph 1;
(b) the details as how to process a declaration of the division of a registration, ensuring that a separate file, including a new registration number, is established for the divisional registration.
Those implementing acts shall be adopted in accordance with the examination procedure referred to in Article 207(2).