1. The Office shall examine whether:
(a) the EU trade mark application satisfies the requirements for the accordance of a date of filing in accordance with Article 32;
(b) the EU trade mark application complies with the conditions and requirements referred to in Article 31(3);
(c) where appropriate, the class fees have been paid within the prescribed period.
2. Where the EU trade mark application does not satisfy the requirements referred to in paragraph 1, the Office shall request the applicant to remedy the deficiencies or the default on payment within two months of the receipt of the notification.
3. If the deficiencies or the default on payment established pursuant to paragraph 1(a) are not remedied within this period, the application shall not be dealt with as an EU trade mark application. If the applicant complies with the Office's request, the Office shall accord as the date of filing of the application the date on which the deficiencies or the default on payment established are remedied.
4. If the deficiencies established pursuant to paragraph 1(b) are not remedied within the prescribed period, the Office shall refuse the application.
5. If the default on payment established pursuant to paragraph 1(c) is not remedied within the prescribed period, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn unless it is clear which categories of goods or services the amount paid is intended to cover. In the absence of other criteria to determine which classes are intended to be covered, the Office shall take the classes in the order of the classification. The application shall be deemed to have been withdrawn with regard to those classes for which the class fees have not been paid or have not been paid in full.
6. Failure to satisfy the requirements concerning the claim to priority shall result in loss of the right of priority for the application.
7. Failure to satisfy the requirements concerning the claiming of seniority of a national trade mark shall result in loss of that right for the application.
8. Where failure to satisfy the requirements referred to in paragraph 1(b) and (c) concerns only some of the goods or services, the Office shall refuse the application, or the right of priority or the right of seniority shall be lost, only in so far as those goods and services are concerned.