1. The Office shall have the following tasks:
(a) administration and promotion of the EU trade mark system established in this Regulation;
(b) administration and promotion of the European Union design system established in Council Regulation (EC) No 6/2002 (20);
(c) promoting convergence of practices and tools in the fields of trade marks and designs, in cooperation with the central industrial property offices in the Member States, including the Benelux Office for Intellectual Property;
(d) the tasks referred to in Regulation (EU) No 386/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council (21);
(e) the tasks conferred on it under Directive 2012/28/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council (22).
2. The Office shall cooperate with institutions, authorities, bodies, industrial property offices, international and non-governmental organisations in relation to the tasks conferred on it in paragraph 1.
3. The Office may provide voluntary mediation services for the purpose of assisting parties in reaching a friendly settlement.
(20) Council Regulation (EC) No 6/2002 of 12 December 2001 on Community designs (OJ L 3, 5.1.2002, p. 1).
(21) Regulation (EU) No 386/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 19 April 2012 on entrusting the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (Trade Marks and Designs) with tasks related to the enforcement of intellectual property rights, including the assembling of public and private-sector representatives as a European Observatory on Infringements of Intellectual Property Rights (OJ L 129, 16.5.2012, p. 1).
(22) Directive 2012/28/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2012 on certain permitted uses of orphan works (OJ L 299, 27.10.2012, p. 5).