1. [Other Procedures Under Article 7(2)a)(iii)] The other procedures referred to in Article 7(2)a)(iii) for which a Contracting Party may not require appointment of a representative are:
(i) the filing of a copy of an earlier application under Rule 2(4);
(ii) the filing of a copy of a previously filed application under Rule 2(5)b).
2. [Appointment of Representative Under Article 7(3)]
a) A Contracting Party shall accept that the appointment of a representative be filed with the Office in:
(i) a separate communication (hereinafter referred to as a “power of attorney”) signed by the applicant, owner or other interested person and indicating the name and address of the representative; or, at the applicant's option,
(ii) the request Form referred to in Article 6(2), signed by the applicant.
b) A single power of attorney shall be sufficient even where it relates to more than one application or patent of the same person, or to one or more applications and one or more patents of the same person, provided that all applications and patents concerned are identified in the single power of attorney. A single power of attorney shall also be sufficient even where it relates, subject to any exception indicated by the appointing person, to all existing and future applications or patents of that person. The Office may require that, where that single power of attorney is filed on paper or as otherwise permitted by the Office, a separate copy thereof be filed for each application and patent to which it relates.
3. [Translation of Power of Attorney] A Contracting Party may require that, if a power of attorney is not in a language accepted by the Office, it be accompanied by a translation.
4. [Evidence] A Contracting Party may require that evidence be filed with the Office only where the Office may reasonably doubt the veracity of any indication contained in any communication referred to in paragraph 2a).
5. [Time Limits Under Article 7(5) and (6)] Subject to paragraph 6, the time limits referred to in Article 7(5) and (6) shall be not less than two months from the date of the notification referred to in Article 7(5).
6. [Exception to Time Limit Under Article 7(6)] Where a notification referred to in Article 7(5) has not been made because indications allowing the applicant, owner or other interested person to be contacted by the Office have not been filed, the time limit referred to in Article 7(6) shall be not less than three months from the date on which the procedure referred to in Article 7(5) was commenced.