1. [Request] Where there is no change in the person of the applicant or owner but there is a change in his name or address, a Contracting Party shall accept that a request for recordation of the change be made in a communication signed by the applicant or owner and containing the following indications:
(i) an indication to the effect that recordation of a change in name or address is requested;
(ii) the number of the application or patent concerned;
(iii) the change to be recorded;
(iv) the name and address of the applicant or the owner prior to the change.
2. [Fees] A Contracting Party may require that a fee be paid in respect of a request referred to in paragraph 1.
3. [Single Request]
a) A single request shall be sufficient even where the change relates to both the name and address of the applicant or the owner.
b) A single request shall be sufficient even where the change relates to more than one application or patent of the same person, or to one or more applications and one or more patents of the same person, provided that the numbers of all applications and patents concerned are indicated in the request. A Contracting Party may require that, where that single request is filed on paper or as otherwise permitted by the Office, a separate copy thereof be filed for each application and patent to which it relates.
4. [Evidence] A Contracting Party may require that evidence be filed with the Office only where the Office may reasonably doubt the veracity of any indication contained in the request.
5. [Prohibition of Other Requirements] No Contracting Party may require that formal requirements other than those referred to in paragraphs 1 to 4 be complied with in respect of the request referred to in paragraph 1, except where otherwise provided for by the Treaty or prescribed in these Regulations. In particular, the filing of any certificate concerning the change may not be required.
6. [Notification] Where one or more of the requirements applied by the Contracting Party under paragraphs 1 to 4 are not complied with, the Office shall notify the applicant or owner, giving the opportunity to comply with any such requirement, and to make observations, within not less than two months from the date of the notification.
7. [Non-Compliance with Requirements]
a) Where one or more of the requirements applied by the Contracting Party under paragraphs 1 to 4 are not complied with within the time limit under subparagraph b), the Contracting Party may provide that the request shall be refused, but no more severe sanction may be applied.
b) The time limit referred to in subparagraph (a) shall be:
(i) subject to item (ii), not less than two months from the date of the notification;
(ii) where indications allowing the Office to contact the person who made the request referred to in paragraph (1) have not been filed, not less than three months from the date on which that request was received by the Office.
8. [Change in the Name or Address of the Representative, or in the Address for Correspondence or Address for Legal Service] Paragraphs 1 to 7 shall apply, mutatis mutandis, to any change in the name or address of the representative, and to any change relating to the address for correspondence or address for legal service.