1. An application for a registered Community design shall contain:
(a) a request for registration;
(b) information identifying the applicant;
(c) a representation of the design suitable for reproduction. However, if the object of the application is a two-dimensional design and the application contains a request for deferment of publication in accordance with Article 50, the representation of the design may be replaced by a specimen.
2. The application shall further contain an indication of the products in which the design is intended to be incorporated or to which it is intended to be applied.
3. In addition, the application may contain:
(a) a description explaining the representation or the specimen;
(b) a request for deferment of publication of the registration in accordance with Article 50;
(c) information identifying the representative if the applicant has appointed one;
(d) the classification of the products in which the design is intended to be incorporated or to which it is intended to be applied according to class;
(e) the citation of the designer or of the team of designers or a statement under the applicant's responsibility that the designer or the team of designers has waived the right to be cited.
4. The application shall be subject to the payment of the registration fee and the publication fee. Where a request for deferment under paragraph 3(b) is filed, the publication fee shall be replaced by the fee for deferment of publication.
5. The application shall comply with the conditions laid down in the implementing regulation.
6. The information contained in the elements mentioned in paragraph 2 and in paragraph 3(a) and (d) shall not affect the scope of protection of the design as such.