Pieter de Ruijter
Gedempt Hamerkanaal 147
1021 KP Amsterdam
Tel: +31 (020) 705 1090
Pieter has almost 20 years of experience as an IP attorney, and joined HGF in January 2017 as a Partner. Pieter’s specialisms cover, particularly, advisory and related services in the field of trademarks and designs.
Pieter has a vast knowledge of the many aspects of IP, focussing on strategic management, clearance, protection, enforcement and exploitation of trademarks and designs. Because of his interest in and good feeling about technical aspects as well, possible patent related opportunities are not forgotten. As a passionate, open-minded, accessible, skilled discussion partner for all different kinds of clients, whether small or large, easy or complex, Pieter is easily able to adapt to each situation and have conversations at all levels. With the usual dose of creativity and out-of-the box thinking Pieter is always looking for a pragmatic and value-add solution to satisfy the clients and their commercial and strategic goals.
WTR 1000 says about Pieter: “An excellent attorney who takes a big-picture view of cases and who can be totally relied on”, "Pieter de Ruijter adroitly manages the weightiest portfolios for global heavy hitters.” (2017), “Strategic kingpin handling a raft of corporate titans’ sprawling portfolios and KOs their complex conundrums” (2016), and “Highly creative when it comes to clever IP strategies” (2015).
Pieter is a certified Benelux and European Trademark & Design Attorney, and he is member of the Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law (BMM), the International Trademark Association (INTA) and MARQUES.
Other activities of Pieter are:
• Lecturer vocational training of Benelux Trademark and Design Attorneys (BBMM)
• Lecturer vocational training of Dutch Patent Attorneys (SBO)
• Visiting lecturer University of Groningen (the Netherlands) Trademark & Design Law
• Member PR & Communication Committee Benelux Association of Trademark and Design Law (BMM)
• Speaker at congresses and seminars in the field of Intellectual Property
• Publishing on subjects in the field of Intellectual Property, amongst others in WTR